Research at CBR covers a broad range of fields and interests. These include
- Political Economy,
- Political Science,
- Education and the Sciences.
From 1988 to-date, CBR research agenda has included the following studies:
- Rights and constitutionalism;
- Civil society and governance;
- Labour (peasant, plantation, factory and artisanal);
- Social movements and democratic struggles;
- Appropriate technology in peasant farming;
- Pastoralism in Karamoja;
- Land tenure and land use;
- The informal sector;
- Environmental accountability in decentralized contexts;
- Non-profit organisations,
- Impact of structural adjustment programmes and aspects of cultural studies.